A very warm welcome to our Nursery! Through our website, we hope to share a little of the values and ethos that shape our principles and the care that we ensure for all our young learners.
We have been developing our curriculum rationale and our work so far is shown in the videoscribe on our homepage. We have chosen the symbol of a bridge as it demonstrates how our nursery provides a bridge within our community, bringing learners and families together and guiding them onwards towards a bright future.
• To be an integral part of the local community fostering positive partnerships and respectful relationships with all stakeholders.
• We encourage and support positive emotional health and wellbeing of all stakeholders ensuring the development of confident individuals within meaningful relationships.
• We are committed to providing a safe, responsive and inspiring learning environment both indoors and outdoors which supports the holistic development of the individual child.
• We recognise and value children’s previous learning and further support their development as creative and independent learners.
• Children’s rights are embedded in our practice and we are committed to ensuring visibility of these rights.
• We continue to provide a wide range of challenging and stimulating learning experiences through responsive curriculum planning.
A little about our setting...
Doune Nursery Class is situated within the grounds of Doune Primary School and is an extended day, extended year provision for children aged 2 to 5 years, open from 8:00 a.m. until 6.00 p.m. 45.6 weeks of the year. Core sessions are 8.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. and 1.00-6.00 p.m. There are some limited extended day places available. Sessions are agreed with parents before admission, and staffing levels are determined by children’s attendance patterns. To cover this extended day our staff rotate around a shift system.
We hope that children and families enjoy their time with us!